Here are a few pics from the Derby #Twissup that I took part in yesterday. The itinerary and list of pubs can be found on the Tweetvite page … http://twvt.us/twissup
It started at 10am and finished after 11pm, we traveled by public transport for the whole day and I had a great time with a great bunch of beer appreciators or #Twissartists.
The #Twissup included:
And we managed to grab a drink with @walkerama and @timwhitemore at the end of the night.
The detailed plan:
- Meet at Derby Bus Station for 11:00 on the 14th (Grab a ZIGZAG card £4.60 travel on as many trent barton buses as you like after 9am)
- 11:30 ‘Black Cat’ bus from Station to Heanor (51mins no walk) or 11:45 ‘H1’ bus from City Centre, Corporation Street, J2 (34mins)
- 12:15 Arrive at Queen’s Head, Marlpool. Drink Oakham. Possibly Thornbridge. Hopefully Marble. Short walk into Heanor
- 13:48 ‘Amberline’ bus to Horsley Woodhouse
- 13:57 Arrive at Old Oak. Drink Leadmill, Bottle Brook, whatever random is on in the RuRAD bar. Eat cobs, pork pie, crisps.
- 15:05 ‘Amberline’ bus back to Heanor 15:15 Arrive in Heanor. Dash across road and pray the services are both on time…
- 15:19 ‘Rainbow 1’ bus to Codnor.
- 15:30 Arrive at Poet & Castle. Drink Ashover beers because Janine will tell you off otherwise. Eat their famous steak & stilton sandwich.
- 16:30 or 17:00 ‘Rainbow 1’ to Ripley.
- 16:37 or 17:07 Arrive in Ripley. Hot-foot to the Talbot Taphouse for Amber beers (including Chocolate Orange Stout) and as much Jaipur as they have left.
- 18:30 ‘Red Arrow’ express coach to Derby.
- 18:50 Arrive in Derby where the world is your lobster; Flowerpot, Silk Mill etc ad nauseum
View Derby mini #twissup in a larger map
Thanks go out to @reluctantscoop for arranging it (view his beer blog … reluctantscooper.blogspot.co.uk)
(pics taken and uploaded with iPhone)